Baku (Times Of Ocean)- A blast at a nightclub early Sunday in Baku left one person dead and 24 injured, according to the Health Ministry.
Fire and explosion broke out in a nightclub on Terlan Aliyarbeyov Street in central Baku about 3 a.m. local time, said the ministry.
Fire and rescue crews were dispatched and the fire was quickly extinguished.
At the scene, deputy minister Etibar Mirzeyev conducted investigations.
Dozens of injured people have been hospitalized.
According to Ehsan Zahidov, the interior ministry spokesman, the explosion was caused by a natural gas leak.
Azerigaz, the country’s gas company, said the incident was caused by an explosion in a tube.
The explosion destroyed apartments in the building where the venue is located and vehicles nearby the scene.